Job ID 778
Please submit resumes to Attention Recruiter at email@example.com along with salary requirements for consideration.
Post Date: January 13 2022
Location: St. Paul MN
Duration:Direct Hire & Contract
Our Client is seeking a Field Service Technician with experience in Electro/Mechanical equipment and Robotics to join their company in St. Paul!
This Technician will plan and coordinate activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Develops service handbooks and bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes, and overall knowledge of product.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Position required 70% Travel, domestic and international.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-year College or Tech School Degree
- 4 years related technical experience
- Strong problem solving, communications and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.